Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $27.31
- AU $25.33Trending at AU $28.21
- AU $81.39Trending at AU $83.63
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $7.80Trending at AU $8.37
- AU $9.82Trending at AU $13.80
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.49
About this product
- DescriptionWhile visiting with grandma, a young girl, helps her gather berries and make jelly.
- Author BiographyAbout the author: Tobbie became aware of life in the back hills of Tennessee. She wandered the forests and hollows like one of its creatures. It was during those early formative years that she grew to love nature and the animals that shared the forest with her. Her curiosity about life and imagination carried through her childhood on her visits to her grandparent's farm, which she considered home. She grew to respect nature and to appreciate the fragile environment we all live in. Moving to the city, was a cultural shock for her. There were few places to explore. Outdoor education, offered during summer school was the only thing of true interest to her there. She noticed that wildlife had few places to live and raise their young, and parks seemed to be for humans and their activities. Returning weekly to her grandparents was like a retreat from the chaos of a changing world. She clung to the experiences she had on the farm and found small ways to create better environments for creatures and humans alike where ever she lived. It is her desire for everyone to make the world a cleaner, safer place and to preserve an inheritance for future generations. It is her hope that adults will find ways for children to have more opportunities to explore nature, learn to exercise their imaginations and become creative, all the while safeguarding the world entrusted to them. Tobbie's grandparents made life a learning experience. There was little waste and everything had a second use. Although she came from humble beginnings, she counts herself rich and blessed by God to have had such wonderful grandparents. She currently lives in Madison, AL.
- Author(s)Tobbie J Cunningham-Burkhardt
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication09/05/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight73 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.