Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.00+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOld photographs allow us to relive the past a little and this excellent collection of more than 200 photographs of Blackburn will bring back memories for many. The author has chosen the earliest images of the town for the book from his own extensive collection of old picture postcards and used a selection of press photographs borrowed from the photo-archives of Wally and Howard Talbot to provide some very evocative images of Blackburn in the 1950s and 60s. Through these pages the reader has the opportunity to see again the old Blackburn, its industry, schools, churches, theatres and people, at work and play, and, perhaps most poignantly of all, old streets and buildings that were lost in the great demolition days of the 1960s. This is a timely volume that will appeal to all Blackburnians, young and old.
- Author(s)Ray B. Smith
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/02/2000
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Series TitleArchive Photographs: Images of England
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNPI Media Group
- Content Note200ill.
- Weight172 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.