All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
- AU $18.97Trending at AU $20.71
About this product
- DescriptionPainstakingly researched over the course of 11 years, Sibyl Cavanagh's Cotton and Coal: The Making of Blackburn 1760-2005 is a comprehensive account of the development of a town that has played a part in the history of some of the industries most key to Scotland's development. From the sugar trade, to textile manufacture, to mining, each was once intrinsic to Blackburn's existence, and each was shed in turn, while Blackburn endured. Cavanagh chronicles each development in the town's history with absolute clarity and thoroughness.
- Author BiographySybil Cavanagh grew up in Fife and is a graduate of St Andrew's University. After a Diploma in Librarianship at the University of Wales, she worked in Wigan and then in Glasgow, where a long-standing interest in Scottish history developed into a particular interest in local history. She came to West Lothian in 1984 and has been Local History Librarian with West Lothian Libraries since 1990.
- Author(s)Sybil Cavanagh
- PublisherLuath Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/12/2006
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLuath Press Ltd
- Content Noteblack and white
- Width162 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.