About this product
- DescriptionJon Sinclair is a precocious twelve-year-old boy living with grandparents who have a very unique hobby: time travel. Having already made several trips in the time capsule kwn as the Carousel, Jon and his grandmother plan a trip back to July 4, 1776, to watch the signing of the Declaration of Independence. But things go horribly awry when the Carousel malfunctions, and they are thrust onto the shores of Port Royal, Jamaica, in 1692. As his grandmother works to repair the machine, Jon wanders off on his own-and is promptly kidnapped by the torious pirate, Captain BlackHeart. Forced into the role of cabin boy, Jon does his best to adapt to a rugged life at sea as his grandparents embark on a desperate search to find him. Will Jon survive his frightening ordeal? Or will he meet his fate at the hands of rival pirates-or, worse yet, as the result of a tidal wave that threatens to destroy the entire pirate stronghold? Filled with excitement, mystery, and harrowing danger, BlackHeart's Legacy: Book One of the Odyssey of Jon Sinclair is a thrilling time-travel adventure that will captivate readers of all ages.
- Author BiographySally Copus is enjoying a second career as a full time writer. The former CEO of a large direct marketing firm, she combines her extensive world travels with a love of history to bring the past to life for young readers. BlackHeart's Legacy is the first book in The Odyssey of Jon Sinclair series, followed by the highly anticipated Keys to Atlantis. Copus resides in a pre-Civil War home built in 1850 that overlooks the majestic Missouri River in historic Lexington, Missouri. She draws inspiration from her surroundings and her four grandchildren. Read more on author's website: www.sallycopus.com
- Author(s)Sally Copus
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication23/06/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleOdyssey of Jon Sinclair
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight345 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.