All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.32Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThe Blackstone's Guide Series delivers concise and accessible books covering the latest legislative changes and amendments. Published soon after enactment, they offer expert commentary by leading names on the scope, extent and effects of the legislation, plus a full copy of the Act itself. They offer a cost-effective solution to key information needs and are the perfect companion for any practitioner needing to get up to speed with the latest changes. The Bribery Act 2010 reforms the law of corruption, modernizing the existing law and creating new offences targeted at both individuals and businesses. It enables increased prosecution of businesses operating overseas, whether through subsidiaries, joint ventures, or direct market access, and simplifies and clarifies existing laws, making UK law compliant with international instruments. The Act introduces a controversial new corporate offence, enabling prosecution of companies associated with the individual or business accused of corruption. It also introduces the defence of adequate provisions for companies accused of the corporate offence. This new Blackstone's Guide combines the full text of the Act and extracts of related relevant legislation with an expert narrative. It brings practitioners up-to-date with this long-awaited piece of legislation.
- Author BiographyMonty Raphael is Special Counsel at Peters and Peters, a leading white collar law firm (until 2005 he was Senior Partner and then head of the Fraud and Regulatory team). He has made a particular speciality of corruption, civil & criminal fraud and anti-money laundering law (domestic and international).
- Author(s)Monty Raphael
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication09/09/2010
- SubjectNational Law: Professional
- Series TitleBlackstone's Guides
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight302 g
- Width157 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.