All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a fully revised fourth edition of the successful Blackstone's Preparing for Police Duty, the invaluable introduction to the police service for new recruits or those considering a policing career. This highly practical guide informs those interested in a career in the police about the general culture of the policing world; the extended police family, dress-code, badges, shift patterns, equipment and basic information on police powers in relation to the most common crimes. The new edition offers an easy-to-understand outline of the criminal justice system and a summary of the criminal law, and has been fully updated to include the latest changes in the recruitment and entry procedures, as well as new content on policing terrorism, public protest, and neighbourhood policing. Written by an experienced serving police officer, Blackstone's Preparing for Police Duty is an accessible, motivational and informative guide for anyone considering a career in the police service, those on foundation and policing degree courses, and anyone who has recently secured a place as a student officer.
- Author BiographyRichard Butterworth BA (Hons), MA is a Chief Inspector and staff officer to the chief constable at South Yorkshire Police. He has 15 years' policing experience, having worked in Response Policing, CID, Intelligence, Custody and Firearms. He has also been involved in planning for the London Olympic Games 2012 and the UK Papal Visit 2010, as well as writing a host of guidance documents on behalf of the Association of Chief Police Officers. He is also a trained public order and football commander and a trained CBRN commander. Fraser Sampson, LLB, LLM, MBA is Chief Executive of the West Yorkshire Police Authority. Formerly Chief Executive of the Civil Nuclear Constabulary and a superintendent and Head of the National Police Training Examinations and Assessment Unit, he is a highly respected authority on police law. He is Consultant Editor of the Blackstone's Police Manuals and on the Blackstone's Police Operational Handbook.
- Author(s)Richard Butterworth
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication07/10/2010
- SubjectLaw: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight228 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.