All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection of original, state--of--the--art essays by prominent international scholars covers the most important issues comprising the sociology of culture. * Provides an invaluable reference resource to all interested in the cultural structures and processes that animate contemporary life * Contains 27 essays on the most important issues comprising the sociology of culture, including art, science, religions, race, class, gender, collective memory, institutions, and citizenship * Reflects and analyzes the cultural turn that has transformed scholarship in the social sciences and humanities.
- Author BiographyMark D. Jacobs is Associate Professor of Sociology at George Mason University. He is the author of Screwing the System and Making It Work: Juvenile Justice in the No--Fault Society (1990), as well as articles in such journals as Administration and Society and The Journal of Arts Management, Law, and Society. He served from 1994 to 1998 on the Executive Council of RC37 of the International Sociological Association. He has co--organized two international conferences at George Mason University for the Section on the Sociology of Culture of the American Sociological Association, and has edited Culture for that section since 2000. Nancy Weiss Hanrahan is Associate Professor of Sociology and Director of the Women's Studies Research and Resource Center at George Mason University. Her scholarly work, which addresses issues in cultural theory and criticism, is informed by her professional experience in the music business. She is the author of Difference in Time: A Critical Theory of Culture (2000) and a contributor to Critical Theory: Diverse Objects, Diverse Subjects (2003) and Rethinking Social Transformation (2001).
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication02/12/2004
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleBlackwell Companions to Sociology
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishers
- Content Note0
- Weight1080 g
- Width177 mm
- Height256 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Edited byMark Jacobs,Nancy Weiss Hanrahan
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.