All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLesley Wilkins shows how to create traditional blackwork embroideries using simple stitches on evenweave fabric. Step by step photographs and a wealth of charts illustrate how traditional motifs, patterns and borders can be combined to create stunning designs. Lesley then goes on to show how to create band samplers inspired by those on which sixteenth century embroiderers collected their favourite designs, including figures, flowers, plants, birds and animals. Lesley Wilkins combines a deep kwledge of and appreciation for historical embroideries with her own flair for design and practical teaching skill. This book contains all you need to kw to produce beautiful embroideries inspired by history.
- Author BiographyLesley Wilkins discovered blackwork samplers on a school visit to the Victoria and Albert Museum in London, and has been hooked ever since. Her fascination with the craft has led her to become not only an embroiderer of extraordinary skill, but also an expert in the history of blackwork. She has collected thousands of patterns from all over the world, and her own work is inspired by historical motifs, patterns and borders. Her designs have appeared in Needlecraft and Needlework magazines. When she is not working in local government, Lesley runs a website for blackwork and Victorian cross stitch enthusiasts, providing custom-made kits and charts of her own designs.
- Author(s)Lesley Wilkins
- PublisherSearch Press Ltd
- Date of Publication19/12/2011
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationTunbridge Wells
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSearch Press Ltd
- Content Note124 colour
- Weight363 g
- Width204 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.23
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $27.50Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.79
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.