Brand newLOWEST PRICE
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMercedes Bent is 15. Her dad, Big Al, ran several rackets in the East End until his premature death a few years back. Now his scams have been taken over by Mercedes' twin brothers, Chubby and Frankie. Mercedes is stuck in her smart school, The Daphne Pincher Academy for Young Ladies, because Big Al wanted her to be brought up 'a proper lady'. There she runs the book on everything - from whether it will rain tomorrow, to the likely resignation of various teachers. Mercedes is horrified to discover that her upcoming work experience placement is in a bank - t at all what she had in mind! Then, arriving at the bank, Mercedes falls for Zak. Suddenly life doesn't seem so bad. But then Mercedes discovers that her brothers are hatching a plot to rob the very bank at which she'll be working - and it's going to look as if she's set Zak up! She'll have to find a way to stop her brothers in their tracks, before it's too late ...
- Author BiographyEcho Freer was born and brought up in Yorkshire. After training to be a teacher, she moved to London, where she taught Special Needs in one of London's social priority areas. When her son was diagnosed as severely dyslexic, she completed a specialist training course to teach and diagnose specific learning difficulties. She now assesses and teaches under-achieving children. She lives in East London.
- Author(s)Echo Freer
- PublisherHachette Children's Group
- Date of Publication13/05/2004
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHodder Children's Books
- Out-of-print date16/12/2014
- Weight198 g
- Width127 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Interest AgeFrom 12 To 99
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $247.00Trending at AU $288.91
- AU $26.50Trending at AU $32.69
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.76
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $15.69
- AU $49.64Trending at AU $52.62
- AU $35.74Trending at AU $44.54
- AU $31.61Trending at AU $38.73
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.