Blanche Lazzell: The Life and Work of an American Modernist by Janet E. Snyder, Kristina M. Olson, Robert C. Bridges (Hardback, 2004)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $95.90Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $132.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBlanche Lazzell went from Maidsville, West Virginia, to the leading edge of twentieth-century American art. A member of the prominent art communities of Paris and Provincetown, MA during the '20s and '30s, Lazzell was always on the fringe of important developments in the modern art world. Her studies in Paris led her to adopt the techniques of modernism as well as other emerging styles. Among her groundbreaking works were some of the first examples of abstraction in America. Blanche Lazzell: The Life and Work of an American Modernist is a significant contribution to the history of twentieth-century American art. Kw primarily as a Provincetown printmaker, Lazzell's full life and career are presented here, generously accompanied by color reproductions of her work, showing the breadth of her accomplishment in painting, printmaking, and hooked rugs. Lazzell's true contribution to American art history was never fully appreciated during her lifetime. A renewed interest in the artist has developed over the past fifteen years, due mostly to the critical appreciation of her color wood block prints. She is worth remembering t only for her own work, but also for her role as a translator of the achievements of the European modernists for her colleagues in America. In Blanche Lazzell: The Life and Work of an American Modernist, nine essays and hundreds of full-color illustrations bring this incredibly talented and influential artist's work to life.
- Author BiographyRobert C. Bridges is curator of both the West Virginia University Art Collection and Mesaros Galleries, where he teaches curatorial studies. He has an M.F.A. in printmaking from West Virginia University. He is curator of Blanche Lazzell: The Work of an American Modernist (2004) and co-curator of Blanche Lazzell: The Hoffman Drawings (2004). Kristina Olson is an assistant professor of art history at West Virginia University. She has an M.A. in contemporary art criticism and history from the State University of New York at Stony Brook. Her teaching and research are in the fields of modern and contemporary art and architecture. She curated Frozen Architecture (2003) and is co-curator of Blanche Lazzell: The Hoffman Drawings (2004). Janet Snyder is associate professor of art history at West Virginia University. She holds an M.F.A. in design for theater from the University of Wisconsin-Madison, and M.A. and Ph.D. degrees in art history from Columbia University, where her fields were Gothic art and architecture and Native North American art. She co-edited Medieval Textiles and Dress: Object, Image, and Text (2003).
- Author(s)Janet E. Snyder,Kristina M. Olson,Robert C. Bridges
- PublisherWest Virginia University Press
- Date of Publication30/09/2004
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationMorganstown
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWest Virginia University Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight2622 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine37 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.