All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUse techlogy to focus on your students!You've heard about blended learning, which mixes online learning with traditional classroom instruction. You have the support of your principal, the backing of your district, and you are ready to take the leap. Now what? In this step-by-step guide, teacher and education blogger Catlin Tucker outlines the process for integrating online discussion with face-to-face instruction in a way that is aligned to the Common Core State Standards, works for your students, and allows you to focus your energy where it is most needed. Catin Tucker will teach you how to:Use the online environment to increase engagement and drive higher-order thinkingPrepare students for high-stakes exams without sacrificing class timeAssess online workPersonalize learning and differentiate lessonsMove toward flipped instruction, which shifts the focus of class time from teacher to studentWith concrete strategies, ready-to-use resources, and sample rubrics grounded in the Common Core State Standards, Blended Learning in Grades 4u12 is the ideal tool for the busy 21st-century teacher looking to create a student-centered classroom.
- Author BiographyCatlin Tucker is an accomplished Google Certified Teacher, international trainer, education consultant, speaker, and author. She currently teaches in Sonoma County where she was named Teacher of the Year in 2010. She has also taught online college-level writing courses, which led to her interest in blended learning and technology integration. Catlin's first book Blended Learning in Grades 4-12 is a bestseller. In 2015, Corwin published her second book Creatively Teach the Common Core Literacy Standards with Technology. She authored a blended learning course for ASCD and writes a monthly column titled Techy Teacher for Educational Leadership. Catlin earned her BA in English from UCLA and her English credential and Masters in Education from UCSB. She writes an internationally ranked education technology blog at CatlinTucker.com and is active on Twitter @Catlin_Tucker.
- Author(s)Catlin R. Tucker
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication13/06/2012
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight482 g
- Width177 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.