Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $21.18Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $22.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description95 million adults have a step relationship, according to a 2011 report. That's 95 million unexpected experiences; 95 million unique perspectives; 95 million laughs, 95 million tears, and 95 million new families. Blended explores stepfamilies from the inside out through the perspectives of thirty writers who kw what it's like first hand. Sometimes funny, often poignant, and always deeply personal, the stories in Blended capture the essence of stepfamilies in all of their weird and wonderful varieties. The journeys range from the first encounters between new step-relatives, to marriages, honeymoons, daily experiences, and divorces. The diverse voices in Blended reflect the realities of today's world, in which yesterday's ideas of family structures and types just don't cut it anymore. Parents, children, siblings, aunts, uncles, grandparents, cousins: all of these relationships change when families are melded into one, and the writers of Blended help explore the truth of what these new relationships look like, and, especially, feel like. Blended offers something for everyone: laughter, wisdom, empathy, and guidance, and, above all, the kwledge that you are t alone.
- Author BiographySamantha Waltz has been writing since childhood. She sold her first story at age eleven to a local newspaper. Her next stories were published in American Girl, and she later worked as a guest editor and assistant editor for Mademoiselle. Her books include Parenting: Four Patterns In Childrearing, Parenting Gifted Children, and Gifted Child: Master Piece in the Making. Currently she has over sixty personal essays in anthologies including the Seal Press anthologies Ask Me About My Divorce and Why We Ride. The development of Blended calls on her experience as a stepparent, a family therapist, and a teacher of classes and workshops on parenting and child development. She has received awards for her nonfiction writing from the Oregon Writers Colony, and was the Grand Prize winner of the Redbook/Cup of Comfort Love Story contest. Waltz has extensive editorial experience. She taught English composition for fourteen years, and has been in critique groups of professional writers for 18 years. Currently she teaches Tell 'Em and Sell 'Em workshops on writing and selling the personal story, and has worked with hundreds of workshop participants to craft excellent pieces. Her early writing is under the names Samellyn Jones and Samellyn Wood.
- PublisherSeal Press
- Date of Publication28/04/2015
- SubjectMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Place of PublicationSeattle, WA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSeal Press
- Weight299 g
- Width140 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited bySamantha Waltz
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.92
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.14
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.09
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.94
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.43
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.46
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.