All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1701, the nations resisting Louis XIV's attempts to secure the throne of Spain had formed a Grand Alliance. Yet by late 1703, despite some successes, the overall outlook was unfavourable. Marlborough and Eugene of Savoy developed a plan to change this and kck Bavaria out of the war. On 13 August 1704 at Blenheim, Marlborough and Eugene attacked the Franco-Bavarian army. Marlborough captured Marshal Tallard, 40 generals, 1,150 officers, 13,000 soldiers, 60 cann, 300 colours and the French camp, hence destroying the myth of French invincibility. This book demonstrates how this success came about, with illustrated analyses of this major campaign, focusing on battle strategies, tactics and conclusions.
- Author BiographyJohn Tincey is the author of Elite 15: 'The Armada Campaign 1588,' Elite 27: 'Soldiers of the English Civil War (2) Cavalry' and Men-at-Arms 267: 'The British Army 1660-1704.' He has also published works on the battle of Sedgemoor and edited the drill book 'The Young Horse-man' by John Vemon. His TV and video appearances include documentaries on the Armada, Borodino and Waterloo. Graham Tumer is a leading historical artist specialising in the medieval period. He has illustrated numerous titles for Osprey, covering a wide variety of subjects from the dress of the 10th-century armies of the Caliphates, through the action of bloody medieval battles, to the daily life of the British Redcoat of the late 18th century. Graham currently lives and works in Buckinghamshire, UK.
- Author(s)John Tincey
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication25/07/2004
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleCampaign
- Series Part/Volume Number141
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content Note72ill.1col.ill.
- Weight313 g
- Width184 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Illustrator(s)Graham Tumer
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.31New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.31
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.34Trending at AU $30.17
- AU $25.42Trending at AU $25.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.