Best Selling in Audio Books
- AU $24.14New
- AU $46.32New
- AU $24.29New
- AU $25.43New
Save on Audio Books
- AU $42.84Trending at AU $44.72
- AU $31.19Trending at AU $34.24
- AU $34.40Trending at AU $49.51
- AU $32.64Trending at AU $46.03
- AU $36.66Trending at AU $38.67
- AU $12.73Trending at AU $14.46
- AU $30.53Trending at AU $33.63
About this product
- DescriptionTaking the locavore movement to heart, bestselling coauthor and social invator Vicki Robin pledged for one month to eat only food sourced within a ten-mile radius of her home on Whidbey Island in Puget Sound, Washington. Her sustainable diet t only brings to light society's unhealthy dependency on mass-produced, prepackaged foods but also helps her reconnect with her body and her environment. Like Barbara Kingsolver's Animal, Vegetable, Miracle and the bestselling books of Michael Pollan, Blessing the Hands That Feed Us is part personal narrative and part global manifesto. By challenging herself to eat and buy local, Robin exposes the cause and effect of the food business, from the processed goods laden with sugar, fat, and preservatives to the trucks burning through fuel to bring them to a shelf near you. Robin's journey is also one of community as she befriends all the neighboring farmers who epitomize the sustainable lifestyle. Among them are Tricia, the prolific market gardener who issued Robin's ten-mile challenge; Britt and Eric, two young, enthusiastic farmers living their dream of self-sufficiency; and Vicky, a former corporate executive turned milk producer. Featuring practical tips on adopting your own locally sourced diet, Blessing the Hands That Feed Us is an inspirational guide and testimonial to the locavore movement and a healthy food future.
- Author BiographyVicki Robin is a renowned innovator, writer, and speaker. In addition to coauthoring the bestselling Your Money or Your Life, Vicki has been at the forefront of the sustainable living movement. She lives on Whidbey Island in Washington.
- Author(s)Vicki Robin
- PublisherTantor Media, Inc
- Date of Publication07/01/2014
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook, CT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTantor Media, Inc
- Weight162 g
- Width172 mm
- Height165 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Narrator(s)Vicki Robin
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time600
- Edition StatementLibrary ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.