All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMircea Cartarescu's prize-winning, genre-crossing memoir-vel of hallucinatory Bucharest is a bestseller in Romania. Blinding follows the protagonist's childhood and teenaged hospitalisation, his family's migration from Bulgaria the century before, his parents' courtship and the installation of the Communist regime. Personal and political history forms a lush backdrop to an engrossing tale that connects a travelling circus, secret police, zombie armies, American fighter pilots and New Orleanian swamps.
- Author BiographyMircea C rt rescu (pron: Mer-chay-UH Car-tuh-RESS-cue) was born in 1956 in Bucharest, Romania. One of the foremost contemporary novelists and poets of Romania's 1970s Blue Jeans Generation, his work was always strongly influenced by American writing in opposition to the official Communist ideology. C rt rescu is the winner of the Romanian Writers' Union Prize, the Romanian Academy's Prize, and the 1992 nominee for the Prix Medicis, among other awards. Though his work has been translated widely throughout Europe, his work is rarely seen in English, until now. He currently lives and teaches in Bucharest, Romania.
- Author(s)Mircea Cartarescu
- PublisherArchipelago Books
- Date of Publication24/10/2013
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintArchipelago Books
- Weight622 g
- Width159 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine35 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $21.14
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.50
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.68
- AU $14.99Trending at AU $19.97
- AU $56.19Trending at AU $59.28
- AU $21.84Trending at AU $24.73
- AU $15.99Trending at AU $21.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.