All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBlob School is an educational resource designed specifically for one of the main purchasers of the Blobs - teachers! This practical resource aims to cover all the key areas of school life so that teachers, assistants, school workers, pupils and parents can reflect upon a wide range of contexts and issues which occur throughout the school year. The book includes 47 images which can be projected upon an Interactive White Board or photocopied for whole class or small group discussion. The Blobs The Blobs are simple. They deal with deep issues using the primary languages we learn from infancy - feelings and body language. This is why they are used with children as young as 4, all the way through to the elderly. Without words, the Blobs can be interpreted in a hundred different ways. There is right and wrong about the Blobs, which is very important. A leader who uses them in a 'one way of reading them only way' will find that the rest of their group become very frustrated in discussions. Each picture is a means to a conversation, rather than a problem to be solved or a message to be agreed upon.
- Author BiographyPip Wilson is a trainer, author, group worker, gamester, husband and father of two daughters. He has also spent his life as a street gangs worker in East London, a residential care worker in Cheshire, a homeless charity CEO in London, a games show designer and host worldwide. Ian Long has worked as an artist with children, youth and adults. He has been a youth and children's worker in Gloucestershire, an artist-in-residence in Lambeth and is currently a teacher in a school in Chichester. He is married to Jane and enjoys life with their two girls. Ian has illustrated many books for Pip and is currently preparing more no-reading tools for publication.
- Author(s)Ian Long,Pip Wilson
- PublisherSpeechmark Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication06/06/2015
- FormatSpiral bound
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleBlobs
- Place of PublicationBicester, Oxon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published1900
- ImprintSpeechmark Publishing Ltd
- Weight464 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine9 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.34
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.49
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.54
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.88
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.78
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.