All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book examines Aboriginal resistance movements on Canada, focussing especially on the Temagami and Oka blockades.
- Author BiographyUte Lischke teaches German literature, film studies and cultural perspectives at Wilfrid Laurier University where she is Associate Professor in the Department of English and Film Studies. Lischke is the author of Lily Braun, 1865-1916 German Writer, Feminist, Socialist (2000). Her most recent books, edited with David T. McNab, include Blockades and Resistance: Studies in Actions of Peace and the Temagami Blockades of 1988-89 (2003), Walking a Tightrope: Aboriginal People and their Representations (2005), and The Long Journey of a Forgotten People: Metis Identities and Family Histories, (2007) all with WLU Press. David McNab teaches Native Studies at Atkinson College, York Univesity, Toronto, and is a public historian who has worked for more than a quarter century on Aboriginal land and treaty rights issues in Canada.
- PublisherWilfrid Laurier University Press
- Date of Publication01/01/2003
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleAboriginal Studies
- Place of PublicationWaterloo, Ontario
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintWilfrid Laurier University Press
- Content Noteb/w maps
- Weight620 g
- Width230 mm
- Height155 mm
- Spine1905 mm
- Edited byBruce W. Hodgins,David T. McNab,Ute Lischke
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $21.97
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.71
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.