All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.32Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionIn 2004 genetic testing revealed that Masha Gessen had a mutation that predisposed her to ovarian and breast cancer. As she wrestled with a wrenching personal decision - what to do with such kwledge - Gessen explored the landscape of this brave new world, speaking with others like her, and with experts including medical researchers, historians, and religious thinkers. Blood Matters is a much-needed field guide to this unfamiliar and unsettling territory, pointing the way towards the radical transformation genetic information is engineering in our sense of who we are and what we might become.
- Author BiographyMasha Gessen is a journalist who has written for Slate, the New Republic, the New York Times, and other publications. She is the author of two previous books, Dead Again and Two Babushkas. She lives in Moscow.
- Author(s)Masha Gessen
- PublisherGranta Books
- Date of Publication04/05/2009
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGranta Books
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.