All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $13.49
About this product
- DescriptionIn the tradition of the greatest cyberpunk vels, Blood Music explores the imminent destruction of mankind and the fear of mass destruction by techlogical advancements. Blood Music follows present-day events in which the fears concerning the nuclear annihilation of the world subsided after the Cold War and the fear of chemical warfare spilled over into the empty void of nuclear fear. An amazing breakthrough in genetic engineering made by Vergil Ulam is considered too dangerous for further research, but rather than destroy his work, he injects himself with his creation and walks out of his lab, unaware of just quite how his actions will change the world. Author Greg Bear's treatment of the traditional tale of scientific hubris is both suspenseful and a compelling portrait of a new intelligence emerging amongst us, irrevocably changing our world.
- Author BiographyGreg Bear is one of the world's leading hard SF authors. A multiple Hugo and Nebula award winner, he sold his first short story, at the age of fifteen, to Robert Lowndes's Famous Science Fiction. His novels Blood Music and Eon are both Gollancz Masterworks. A full-time writer, he lives in Washington with his family.
- PrizesShortlisted for British Science Fiction Association Award for Best Novel 1987 and John W Campbell Award 1986.
- Author(s)Greg Bear
- PublisherOrion Publishing Co
- Date of Publication12/04/2001
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Series TitleS.F. Masterworks
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo.40
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight258 g
- Width132 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.