Blood, Sweat and 2nd Gear: More Medicine for Motorcyclists by Flash Gordon (Paperback, 2007)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $29.47Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $14.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSo what is the best thing to do when the bike goes down and you suffer a patch of Road Rash? How do you prevent infection and minimise scarring? Answers to these questions and practical advice on many other medical situations are contained in this new volume from Flash Gordon, the motorcycling doctor. For years Flash Gordon MD has been dispensing practical medical advice with a liberal dose of dry humor through his 'Medical Motorcycling' column in Motorcycle Consumer News. This collection of his articles has been organised into book form and enhanced with clever illustrations by Craig Harrison to bring his valuable insights to a wider audience. As a doctor who also rides motorcycles, Flash Gordon combines kwledge gained from many years of medical practice with the straightforward -nsense style of a veteran motorcyclist. He has the knack of explaining medical conditions and injuries in plain language that makes sense. Though the advice is directed to motorcyclists, all the medical information he provides is applicable to the general public. Being acquainted with typical behaviours of motorcyclists, he explains how some of these habits can lead to problems in the future. The changes needed to avoid trouble down the road are sometimes very simple. He explains what signs to look for, when a 3am visit to the emergency room is entirely justified and when a wait-and-see approach is indicated. Written in an entertaining and comfortable style, this book provides much valuable insight into how to deal with or prevent a wide range of health problems.
- Author BiographySince 1978 flash gordon has been practising both emergency and primary care medicine in the San Francisco area. During that time he has also been a daily motorcycle rider. His columns on motorcycling and medicine for Citybike Magazine in the late 1980s and in Motorcycle Consumer News since 2002 have gathered a faithful and growing following. He sees his writing as a way to expand what he considers to be one of his roles as a physician: to educate people on taking care of their bodies and staying healthy.
- Author(s)Flash Gordon
- PublisherWhitehorse Press
- Date of Publication29/08/2007
- SubjectRoad & Motor Vehicles: General Interest
- Place of PublicationNorth Conway
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWhitehorse Press
- Content Note54 b/w illus
- Weight362 g
- Width230 mm
- Height155 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Illustrator(s)Craig Harrison
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.