Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $96.38Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $14.20
About this product
- DescriptionWidely kwn throughout the Arab world as a leading poet, journalist, and literary critic, Abbas Beydoun's writing is infused with the politics and culture of his native Leban. In Blood Test , his first vel, Beydoun recounts the efforts of a young man to explore his own history and identity through his encounters with the family and friends who surround him. The sudden death of his father prompts him to follow the physical and psychological traces he left behind, a journey that raises as many questions as it answers. The young man's search for a sense of belonging and rootedness leads him both forward and back as the narration travels in time and place over two continents and several generations.Max Weiss' fluid translation effortlessly conveys Beydoun's impassioned language and textured storytelling. Blood Test is a passport to places both real and imagined, leaving readers enriched by their travels.
- Author BiographyAbbas Beydoun is the author of eleven collections of poetry and one novel. He is the cultural editor of the cultural supplement of the Beirut daily newspaper As-Safir. Max Weiss is a junior fellow at the Harvard Society of Fellows.
- Author(s)Abbas Beydoun
- PublisherSyracuse University Press
- Date of Publication15/12/2008
- LanguageArabic & English
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSyracuse University Press
- Weight191 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Translated byMax Weiss
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.