All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBlood and Granite is a chronicle of the most torious homicides committed in Aberdeen over the last hundred years. Written by Norman Adams, a journalist who reported on many of the chilling crimes he w recalls so vividly, it is compelling reading for those who are too young to remember - and those who cant forget. All are human tragedies from the dark side of life, including: the grudge that ended in death in an East End pub when butcher James Harrow brutally stabbed two workmates in 1901; the grisly discovery of a woman's arm on the Torry shore in 1945 that signalled the start of a mystery which to this day remains unsolved; the tragic love affair that led to the gallows in 1963 - the first hanging in Aberdeen for 106 years; the double life of brilliant scientist Dr Brenda Page of Aberdeen University, battered to death in her flat in 1978. Her murder remains unsolved; and, the barbaric killing of a nun at St Mary's Cathedral in 1988 that revolted a city.
- Author BiographyNorman Adams covered many of the cases recorded here whilst working as a journalist in Aberdeen. He has written extensively on crime, the supernatural and Aberdeen.
- Author(s)Norman Adams
- PublisherBlack and White Publishing
- Date of Publication16/07/2008
- SubjectTrue Crime
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlack and White Publishing
- Content Note8 pp plates
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.90
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.