All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn Blood on the Stage, 1950-1975: Milestone Plays of Crime, Mystery, and Detection: An Antated Repertoire, author Amn Kabatchnik continues the focus of his previous volumes (1900-1925 and 1925-1950) and provides an overview of the most important and memorable theatrical works of crime and detection of this period. Addressing the development of this genre in the legitimate theatre, Kabatchnik discusses more than 120 full-length plays produced between 1950 and 1975. Arranged in chrological order, the productions cited are all works of enduring importance, pioneering contributions, singular invations, and outstanding success. Many of the most table playwrights of the era are represented, including Horton Foote, Bertolt Brecht, Arthur Miller, Frederick Ktt, Joe Orton, Anthony Shaffer, Peter Shaffer, and Agatha Christie. Each of the plays featured revolves around murder, theft, chicanery, kidnapping, political intrigue, or espionage. Each entry includes a plot sypsis, production data, and the opinions of well kwn and respected critics and scholars. The plays in this era include psychological thrillers and baffling whodunits, among them such memorable works as Anastasia, Dial 'M' for Murder, The Mousetrap, The Crucible, Witness for the Prosecution, The Desperate Hours, Sleuth, and Equus.
- Author BiographyAmnon Kabatchnik, now retired, was a Professor of Theatre at SUNY Binghamton, Stanford University, Ohio State University, Florida State University, and Elmira College. He is the author of Blood on the Stage: Milestone Plays of Crime, Mystery and Detection, An Annotated Repertoire, 1900-1925 (2008), Sherlock Holmes: A Chronological Encyclopedia of Plays Featuring the Great Detective (2008), and Blood on the Stage, 1925-1950: Milestone Plays of Crime, Mystery and Detection (2009), all published by Scarecrow Press.
- Author(s)Amnon Kabatchnik
- PublisherScarecrow Press
- Date of Publication14/04/2011
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScarecrow Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1198 g
- Width163 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine47 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $51.98Trending at AU $53.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.