Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.99Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionIn Blood on the Stage, 1975-2000: Milestone Plays of Crime, Mystery, and Detection: An Antated Repertoire, Amn Kabatchnik provides an overview of the most important and memorable theatrical works of crime and detection of this period. Continuing the work of his previous volumes (1900-1925, 1925-1950, and 1950-1975), Kabatchnik describes more than 80 full-length plays produced in the last quarter of the 20th century, with an emphasis on New York and London performances. Arranged in chrological order, the productions are all works of enduring importance, pioneering contributions, singular invations, or outstanding success. Many of the most table playwrights of the era are represented, including Ariel Dorfman, Larry Gelbart, Ira Levin, David Mamet, Terence Rattigan, Reginald Rose, Sam Shepard, Stephen Sondheim, Aaron Sorkin, and Tom Stoppard. The stories involve murder, theft, chicanery, kidnapping, political intrigue, or espionage, with each entry including a plot sypsis, production data, and the opinions of well-kwn and respected critics and scholars. The plays in this era encompass suspenseful melodramas, psychological thrillers, baffling whodunits, and even musicals, including such memorable works as Assassins, City of Angels, Deathtrap, Death and the Maiden, A Few Good Men, The Mystery of Edwin Drood, Sweeney Todd, and The Phantom of the Opera.
- Author BiographyAmnon Kabatchnik, now retired, was a professor of theatre at SUNY Binghamton, Stanford University, Ohio State University, Florida State University, and Elmira College. He is the author of the three previous Blood on the Stage volumes: 1900-1925 (2008), 1925-1950 (2009), and 1950-1975 (2011), as well as the author of Sherlock Holmes: A Chronological Encyclopedia of Plays Featuring the Great Detective (2008), all published by Scarecrow Press.
- Author(s)Amnon Kabatchnik
- PublisherScarecrow Press
- Date of Publication18/10/2012
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScarecrow Press
- Weight1085 g
- Width161 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine52 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.