Bloom's Best Perennials and Grasses: New Classics for the Year-Round Garden by Adrian Bloom (Hardback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $33.83Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $23.34+ AU $28.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThere are hundreds of perennials and grasses available to gardeners 'how can they kw whether or t they're making the right choice? In Bloom's Best Perennials and Grasses , Adrian Bloom distills his years of experience as a nurseryman and gardener into 250 reliable choices that are beautiful, easy to maintain, and provide year-round interest. Detailed descriptions feature information on growth, care, and design tips for use in gardens of all sizes. Bloom shows the reader how to design and plant well structured borders that feature perennials and grasses with a mix of other plants playing supporting roles. He also shares his trademark 'river of plants' design style that dramatically features the beauty of a plant throughout its life.
- Author BiographyAdrian Bloom is a nurseryman, gardener and writer, and president of the famous Blooms of Bressingham nursery in Norfolk, England. Adrian's father founded the Blooms nursery in 1926. The father and son are internationally known for the unique varieties of perennials that they personally introduced to many American gardeners. Adrian also shares with his father the distinction of holding the Royal Horticultural Society's coveted Victoria Medal of Honour. The Blooms are the only father and son ever to be honored this way at the same time. Adrian was also one of the youngest horticulturists ever to be awarded the medal. For 30 years Adrian has developed the superb Foggy Bottom garden, adjacent to Bressingham Gardens, which exemplifies the art of successful plant associations. The six-acre garden demonstrates the heart of his philosophy, planning and planting for continual change in the garden. This change ensures enduring interest throughout the year, whatever the size of the garden. Foggy Bottom is known for its display of year-round color and for having one of the largest collections of conifers in the United Kingdom. Bloom specialized in conifers early in his career, and uses his expertise to creatively combine conifers with companion plants. Adrian travels all over the world developing the Blooms of Bressingham business and finding and researching suitable new garden plants. He appears on television frequently, and has written several gardening books, including Blooms of Bressingham Garden Plants. He continues to educate the gardening public about plants and their uses in even the smallest gardens.
- Author(s)Adrian Bloom
- PublisherTimber Press
- Date of Publication01/03/2010
- Place of PublicationPortland, OR
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTimber Press
- Content Note200 colour photos
- Weight998 g
- Width216 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.