All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTO BLOSSOM IS TO ENHANCE THE WORLD AROUND YOU BY COURAGEOUSLY EMBRACING CHANGE is the life lesson this book teaches. BLOSSOM is written for everyone . . . who has ever been frightened by change. The story of this flower's journey shows how every change results in new growth that can add to the joy and purpose of life. Children who read BLOSSOM by themselves, or with grown-ups, learn to understand change better. Instead of fearing change, they start to look forward to the new and exciting life passages they discover when they follow Blossom's journey. And as adults explore BLOSSOM, they realize that they too can appreciate the opportunities for transformation which change offers in each life experience.
- Author BiographyAfter earning a Master's Degree in Psychology, Linda Viviane Lester pursued careers to help children and families. She specialized her skills by working in foster care, adoption, mediation, and counseling. Her professional focus expanded into early childhood education, when she developed and implemented an experience-based preschool curriculum that enhanced learning for thousands of children. Linda writes for children AND adults who face changes that scare them, because she has experienced that fear too. As a social worker, counselor, educator, and human being, she knows events happen that can't always be understood or controlled. By observing nature, she learned how to look around and marvel at what appears beyond the expected and familiar. By sharing this lesson through the eyes of a flower, her goal in writing is to provide readers with comfort and courage and hope when they encounter changes. Now a Certified Master Gardener, Linda finds that gardening is more relaxing than either psychology or education, and that it yields visible results faster, too. She lives in the shadow of the Sierra Nevada Mountains near Lake Tahoe with her husband, two dogs, one cat, and a huge yard full of blossoms and butterflies.
- Author(s)Linda Viviane Lester
- PublisherTapestry Publishers
- Date of Publication12/03/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTapestry Publishers
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight122 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Illustrator(s)Linda Viviane Lester
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $23.50Trending at AU $29.45
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $33.44
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.85
- AU $14.41Trending at AU $14.92
- AU $11.16Trending at AU $15.72
- AU $37.24Trending at AU $44.14
- AU $11.55Trending at AU $11.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.