All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionA compendium of North American travel and place-based pieces composed by the author between the ages of 23 and 35, this book explores gritty urban areas, eclectic towns, and isolated geographical landscapes, introducing a cast of interesting local characters along the way. The atmospheric narratives blend genuine working class ethics with jazzy intuitive prose in order to transport the reader deep into various localities and communities in the United States and Canada. The author sponsored his 12-year trek across the land by working as a farmhand, natural chef, organic gardener, bartender, landscape artist, writing instructor, and mentor to at-risk youth. As a whole, this collection of travel essays encourages the reader to be with the land and its people in order to deeply feel the world.
- Author BiographyJake Kaida is a poet, pilgrim, teacher, and environmental activist who has spent time in 48 U.S. states and several Canadian provinces. He has also been a featured guest on many public radio shows and has recorded spoken word albums with several musicians, including jazz pianist Eddie Higgins. He lives in Orlando, Florida.
- Author(s)Jake Kaida
- PublisherNomadic Devotion Books
- Date of Publication21/05/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNomadic Devotion Books
- Weight204 g
- Width135 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Foreword byJoseph Langland
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.