Blue-Green Province: The Environment and the Political Economy of Ontario by Mark S. Winfield (Hardback, 2012)
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn Blue-Green Province, Mark Winfield takes a long-overdue look at the crucial relationship between Ontario's environmental policy and its politics and ecomy. Covering the period from the Progressive Conservative dynasty that dominated Ontario politics from the mid-1940s to the mid-1980s, through the subsequent Peterson, Rae, Harris, Eves, and McGuinty governments, Winfield offers a trenchant analysis of the effects of these administrations' dramatically different ideologies on Ontario's environment and politics. Timely and original, Blue-Green Province is the first comprehensive study of environmental policy in Ontario. It will be welcomed by anyone with an interest in Ontario's environmental and ecomic future.
- Author BiographyMark S. Winfield is an associate professor in the Faculty of Environmental Studies at York University. He was policy and program director with the Pembina Institute from 2001 to 2007, and director of research at the Canadian Institute for Environmental Law and Policy from 1992 to 2001. He has written numerous articles on environmental law and policy, and testified at the Walkerton Inquiry as an expert witness on Ontario environmental law and policy affecting drinking water quality.
- Author(s)Mark S. Winfield
- PublisherUniversity of British Columbia Press
- Date of Publication25/01/2012
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationVancouver
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of British Columbia Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight576 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.