All listings for this product
Best-selling in Travel Guides
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $65.00Trending at AU $84.36
- AU $24.03Trending at AU $39.58
- AU $40.28Trending at AU $43.27
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $26.52
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.86
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $12.61
- AU $18.42Trending at AU $29.90
About this product
- DescriptionBlue Guides: Complete Cultural Guides -- This edition includes detailed coverage of the major resorts and archaeological sites, Venetian and Ottoman architecture, the island's unique landscape and wildlife, and its important history in the Second World War. Plenty of practical tips--how to get around, where to stay, and what to eat (Crete has some of the best cuisine in Greece)--are also included. For the first time in full colour with amplified and detailed maps. Paola Pugsley is a Cambridge-based professional archaeologist who often works on location in Greece and Turkey. -- Often plagiarised by other guide writers, Blue Guides have always been a gold standard for accuracy and depth Daily Telegraph. Guide books in the grand tradition of thoroughness and objectivity Georgia Review.
- Author BiographyPaola Pugsley is a professional archaeologist with a particular interest in ancient technologies, particularly woodworking, the subject of her doctorate in 2002. Alongside her own academic research she is keen to foster a deeper understanding of history and its material manifestation (i.e. archaeology) by visitors enjoying a holiday in the sun. This new Blue Guide to Crete has been written very much with that approach in mind, visiting and revisiting the island in its furthest recesses both as an archaeologist and as a tourist. In the summer Paola can be found working on excavations in Greece, Anatolia and Mesopotamia.
- Author(s)Paola Pugsley
- PublisherBlue Guides
- Date of Publication04/02/2010
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleBlue Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlue Guides
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight653 g
- Width130 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edition Statement8th edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.