Brand newLOWEST PRICE
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionLonging to end a quarrel which has lasted for twenty years, Utah sisters Gayle and Caroline Mackenzie plan a joyful reunion in Caroline's New Mexico home. But Caroline, who has just become the third wife of a fundamental Mormon polygamist, doesn't show. Disillusioned and angry, Gayle searches for whys and finds a strange tale of religious conversion in journals her sister left behind. And when the family claims their new and wealthy member disappeared in a storm on her wedding night, Gayle is caught in a web of deceit spun by Navajo spirits of the dead. After a treacherous attack which spills her blood in the red desert sand of the mesa, deceptions unravel in an ancient rite of blood atonement as the fundamentalist family suffer celestial consequences for old sins buried way too long.
- Author BiographyRaised in a small Mormon town in Utah, Bonnie Smith envisioned Blue Mesa's story while studying Indian culture and working as a nurse on the Navajo reservation in New Mexico and Arizona. In the 1840s her great-grandparents, converts to a new and strange church, trekked with Brigham Young's pioneers across the country's mid-section to build their homes and practice their religion in the isolation of the western territories. This history with Mormon fundamentalism provides a unique perspective on the doctrine guiding plural marriage. Currently she lives near Glacier Park in Montana where she enjoys the outdoors and continues to write. Other titles include a historical novel about a Mormon woman's fight to regain custody of her lost children, The Soul of Frannie Cooper, and a paranormal mystery series, Carry the Light, which explores the relationship between a woman's psyche and the secrets of the universe.
- Author(s)Professor Bonnie Smith
- Date of Publication28/05/2008
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight376 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.