All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhy was Bert Trautmann like Elvis and Malcolm Allison like The Marcels? Who was Margo Timmins and how did she match ' Blue Moon' with City? Why did Eric Brook laugh at Matt Busby's antics at Wembley and Manchester Town Hall ? What was Peter Swales' first question when interviewing a potential new manager for City? What was Mike Rigg's vital role in transforming City? What was the burden of ' The Beast', Alvaro Negredo? How did the blunders of three famous European clubs deliver a boon to City? Who said what to whom in the heat of battle when City spiked the Gunners? And when the Sky Blues rode out the storm of rage at St. James Park? And in the crucial red card incident at White Hart Lane? On what Manchester road did Zaba play pool and go to the chippy? What was said to Vincent Kompany in the Trafford Centre which made him realise the special character of Manchester? What were the 10 key decisions of Sheikh Mansour and Khaldoun Al Mubarak? Who was Laszlo Kubala and how does his influence affect City to this day? These questions- and much else beside- are answered in this unique and utterly different take on City history, secret history and City today. Beginning with an offbeat look at the club song-and its hidden meaning, it goes on to analyse how Abu Dhabi United Group transformed the club. It examines the reign of maestro Roberto Mancini, confronts the clash between his football philosophy and that of the ' Barca Boys', uses little-kwn info on Manuel Pellegrini to portray him as a unique coach in football history and describes the Lamborghini football with which he reclaimed the Premiership crown. Then there are in depth, warts and all portraits of every member of City's 2013-14 title-winning squad and nitty-gritty accounts of all the vital clashes bringing these alive as real-life dramas and revealing what was actually said between players and players and players and referees- sometimes in very blunt language ! Aimed first and foremost at true blue City supporters, there's still much to interest and intrigue thinking football followers regardless of club allegiance.
- Author BiographyGraham Gordon is a sports historian. He is also the author of ' Master of the Ring' (Milo Books), the critically acclaimed biography of Jem Mace, First Heavyweight Champion of the World and Father of Boxing.
- Author(s)Graham Gordon
- Date of Publication10/11/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight431 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.20Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.