All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionReleased to commemorate the 75th anniversary of the coolest and best- kwn label in jazz, this book celebrates over seven decades of extraordinary music from a company that has stayed true to its founders commitment to Uncompromising Expression. Tracing the evolution of jazz from the boogie- woogie and swing of the 1930s, through bebop, funk and fusion, to the eclectic mix Blue Note releases today, the book also narrates a complex social history from the persecution of Jews in Nazi Germany to the developments in music and techlogy in the late 20th century. Blue Note is t only kwn as the purveyor of extraordinary jazz but is also famous as an arbiter of cool. The photography of co-founder Francis Wolff and the cover designs of Reid Miles were integral to the labels success and this highly illustrated, landmark publication featuring the very best photographs, covers, and ephemera from the archives, including never-before-published material commemorates Blue Notes momentous contribution to jazz, to art and design as well as to revolutionizing the music business.
- Author(s)Richard Havers
- PublisherThames & Hudson Ltd
- Date of Publication03/11/2014
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2014
- ImprintThames & Hudson Ltd
- Content Note800 illustrations, 400 in colour
- Weight2220 g
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.34Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.