All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPurveyor of extraordinary music and an arbiter of cool, Blue Note is the definitive jazz label signing the best artists, pioneering the best recording techniques, and lead cover design trends with punchy, iconic artwork and typography that shaped the way we see the music itself. The roster of greats who cut indelible sides for the label include Miles Davis, Art Blakey, Thelonious Monk, John Coltrane, Bud Powell, Norah Jones, and many more. Published for Blue Note's seventy-fifth anniversary, this landmark volume is the first official illustrated story of the label, from 1939 roots to its renaissance today. Featuring classic album artwork, unseen contact sheets, rare ephemera from the Blue Note Archives, commentary from some of the biggest names in jazz today, and feature reviews of seventy-five key albums, this is the definitive book on the legendary label.
- Author BiographyRichard Havers has curated box sets on the music of Louis Armstrong and Ella Fitzgerald and is the author of an anniversary book on the jazz label Verve. He lives in the Lammermuir Hills in southern Scotland.
- Author(s)Richard Havers
- PublisherChronicle Books
- Date of Publication11/11/2014
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChronicle Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight2223 g
- Width221 mm
- Height284 mm
- Spine43 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
- AU $51.97Trending at AU $52.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.