All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.44
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.12
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.41
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.82
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $23.93Trending at AU $24.87
About this product
- DescriptionBlue Third - Citlalli and the Destroyer is a space adventure with a highly unique, unabashedly fun and exciting story. The vel is a coming of age adventure that takes seven teenagers from different cultures, one from 5,000 years ago, and throws them into unbelievable adventures on which the fate of Earth, our own galaxy and neighboring galaxies rests. The audience for Citlalli and the Destroyer is everyone from the age of 8-80 as the story is easy to read, fast-paced, while intellectually challenging and entertaining throughout. Its literary goal was to combine educational elements including history and modern social issues, within the kind of truly fun and entertaining vel I loved when growing up and still enjoy today. It brings fun to the often stodgy science fiction world, offering a refreshing new story free of vampires or wizards. The story begins by introducing Citlalli in her native Mexico of 5,000 years ago. After inadvertently becoming a stowaway on a cocoa trader's interstellar vessel, and for reasons the vel makes clear, she ends up being teamed with six every day teenagers of today. They come from different cultures and families, and along with Citlalli and a group of some of the strangest intelligent alien allies imaginable are thrust into journeys that will determine the fate of everyone's civilizations in battling a monstrously evil entity called The Destroyer. The adventurers include five girls and two boys, each arriving with their own personality and cultural background. The journey forces them to grow strong, learn to trust, and even learn to endure pain and horror. They learn about friendship, courage, strength, sacrifice and more. The vel's strengths are its unique ideas, original story, page-turning excitement and the kind of cinematic climax and surprise ending that leaves the reader happy and hoping for more.
- Author BiographyBrad Blake is a writer and screenwriter as well as a lifelong lover of exciting stories of action and adventure. His influences in science fiction are many including heroes like Harlan Ellison and Ray Bradbury. He's also written award nominated screenplays, including All About Evil and In God's Image. Living in Northern California, he is actively working on the continuing story of these incredibly brave kids.
- Author(s)Brad Blake
- Date of Publication30/10/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight336 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.