Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionThe United States has about $10.5 trillion tied up in aging school facilities. School districts throughout the country spend about $30 billion every year keeping this infrastructure going. Yet almost all of the new money we pour into school facilities reinforces an existing - and obsolete - model of schooling. In Blueprint for Tomorrow, Prakash Nair - one of the world's leading school designers - explores the hidden messages that our school facilities and classrooms convey and advocates for the alignment of the design of places in which we teach and learn with twenty-first-century learning goals. Blueprint for Tomorrow provides simple, affordable, and versatile ideas for adapting or redesigning school spaces to support student-centered learning. In particular, the author focuses on ways to use current spending to modify existing spaces, and explains which kinds of adaptations offer the biggest return in terms of student learning. The book is organized by area - from classrooms to cafeterias - and is richly illustrated throughout, including before and after features, smart idea sidebars, and do w suggestions for practical first steps. It outlines key principles for designing spaces that support today's learning needs and includes tools to help educators evaluate the educational effectiveness of their own spaces. Blueprint for Tomorrow will open educators' eyes to the ways that architecture and learning are entwined and will challenge them to rethink the ways they teach and work together.
- Author BiographyPrakash Nair is the founding president of Fielding Nair International, an award-winning school planning and design firm with consultations in thirty-eight countries. Prior to establishing Fielding Nair International, Nair worked as the director of operations for the world's largest school construction program in New York City, USA.
- Author(s)Prakash Nair
- PublisherHarvard Educational Publishing Group
- Date of Publication30/09/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarvard Educational Publishing Group
- Weight635 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.