All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $32.82Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $32.31Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
About this product
- DescriptionEvidence has come to light regarding the impact of benzene emissions from road transport, the incidence of asthmatic attacks and the possible toll of particulate matter from diesel engines on human health. This book examines the issues and argues that, without a fundamental change in policy, it is inevitable that the transport sector will continue to impose increasing costs on the natural environment, human health and the ecomy. It also quantifies the external costs of road transport and suggests new measures, such as road pricing and financial incentives, to pave the way to a sustainable transport system.
- Author BiographyDavid Maddison is Research Fellow in CSERGE at University College London and the University of East Anglia, Norwich. Olof Johansson is a Research Fellow in the Department of Economics at the University of Gotenborg, Sweden. David Pearce is Professor of Environmental Economics at University College London and Director of CSERGE at University College London and the University of East Anglia. Edward Calthrop is a consultant with Economics for the Environmental Consultance (EFTEC). Todd Litman is Director of the Victoria Transport policy Institute, British Columbia, Canada. Eric Verhoef is with the Department of Spatial Economics, free University of Amsterdam and is also affiliated to the Tinbergen Institute.
- Author(s)David Maddison,David Pearce,Olof Johansson
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/01/1996
- SubjectTransport Industries
- Series TitleBlueprint Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEarthscan Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight317 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.