All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a remarkable collection in which Paul Hastings Wilson, author of The Ishango Bone, In the Wilderness of Zin, Hunger's Season and Turning Islands, employs an impressive ear for dialogue, acuity of observation and uncanny psychological insight to take the reader on a journey that stretches from North Africa to New York to New Orleans. The range of stories plumbs some of the most harrowing, bizarre and resonant byways of the human experience, including questions of justice and morality in the aftermath of a bloody revolution in North Africa, a poignant murder mystery in the heart of the New York literary scene, and the outrageous adventures of a Southern Louisiana jazz band faced with a brutal incident of racial violence. We find ourselves immersed in spiritual quests, trials by fire, ribald digressions and detours into moral quagmires where consciousness is driven to the edge of an abyss. The poems included exhibit the same compelling lyric power that animates the prose. Symbol and meaning are distilled from everyday details made numius by deft allusion, ecomy of language and vivid imagery that is often strange and haunting as though wrenched whole from the deepest recesses of dream.
- Author BiographyPaul Hastings Wilson, winner of the Dana Award for Short Fiction, is the author of The Ishango Bone, Hunger's Season, Blues By the Numbers...And Other Numbers, In the Wilderness of Zin, and Turning Islands. A past senior editor at McGraw-Hill and a devotee of jazz, theater and the martial arts, he has also co-authored Today: A Text-Workbook for English Language and Composition, and Tae Kwon Do, the Korean Martial Art. Mr. Wilson's work has been published by Blue Atlas Press, McGraw-Hill, Center Magazine, Harper & Row and Avon Books, and a program on WBAI-FM radio has been devoted to his poetry.
- Author(s)Paul Hastings Wilson
- Date of Publication12/10/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight472 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $179.93New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $22.66Trending at AU $23.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.