Bluetooth 1.1: Connect without Cables by Charles F. Sturman, Jennifer Bray (Hardback, 2001)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $91.31+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $23.34+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- Description* The authoritative, in-depth guide to the new Bluetooth 1.1 specification * Bluetooth 1.1's dramatic improvements in interoperability and reliability * Includes thoroughly revised coverage of Bluetooth security and power conservation * New Bluetooth profiles-including the long-awaited Personal Area Networking profile! The first complete guide to the new Bluetooth 1.1 wireless specification! The Bluetooth specification has been updated to deliver dramatic improvements in both reliability and interoperability. Bluetooth 1.1: Connect Without Cables, Second Edition updates the industry's #1 Bluetooth guide to cover these critical new enhancements-and to offer detailed guidance on every aspect of Bluetooth 1.1 development. Bluetooth SIG committee members Jennifer Bray and Charles Sturman place Bluetooth 1.1 in context, covering markets, applications, complementary techlogies, key development issues, and explaining every goal of the new release. They review the components of a Bluetooth system, explain how Bluetooth connections work, introduce essential concepts such as piconets and scatternets, and cover the Bluetooth protocol stack in detail from top to bottom. * Interoperability between 1.0b and 1.1 * Details of 1.1 improvements with explanations of the reasons behind each change * Important changes to Bluetooth low-power modes, encryption, and authentication * Bridging Ethernet and Bluetooth with Bluetooth Network Encapsulation Protocol * How to use Universal Plug and Play with the Bluetooth protocol stack * Profiles which will bring new products including: Human Interface Devices, Hands-Free Phone usage, Basic Printing, Basic Imaging, and Hard Copy Cable Replacement * Techlogies used by Bluetooth: OBEX, WAP, GSM TS07.10, UPnP, Q.931, and UUIDs * Comparison of related techlogies: DECT, IrDA, Home RF, HiperLAN, and 802.11 Whether you're experienced with V.1.0 or working with Bluetooth for the first time, Bluetooth 1.1: Connect Without Cables, Second Edition is your definitive resource for building interoperable, reliable wireless applications-right w!
- Author BiographyJENNIFER BRAY is a consultant at Cambridge Silicon Radio. She is a Councillor on the Bluetooth Architectural Review Board of the Bluetooth Special Interest Group. She holds a doctorate in wireless communications and has extensive experience in communications product development, including secure Ethernet, wireless ATM, ADSL, DAB, CDMA, GSM, and Bluetooth systems. CHARLES STURMAN is Bluetooth Program Manager for TTPCom, responsible for Bluetooth product development and business development strategy. He is a member of the Radio1 Improvements Subgroup, chartered by the Bluetooth Specification Improvements Group to enhance the Bluetooth specification. He has ten years of experience in designing low-cost, low-power communications and computer systems.
- Author(s)Charles F. Sturman,Jennifer Bray
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication17/12/2001
- SubjectComputer Communications & Networking
- Place of PublicationUpper Saddle River
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrentice Hall
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight950 g
- Width182 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Foreword byJoe Mendolia
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.