All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe year before she was born, Stephanie Hubbard's father - a Madison Avenue magazine writer - bought Bluff Island, an uninhabited forty acre island in the middle of the St. Lawrence River. Stephanie grew up on this island, a true believer in her father's idealized version of splendid isolation. But what began as a family adventure became a daughter's lifelong struggle to live a life worthy of her father, and ultimately to create a life worthy of herself. With a cinematic eye, Stephanie Hubbard recalls the memorable scenes that make up her life story - from the birth of her younger brother trough the birth of her son a few years ago - and the result is something transformative.
- Author BiographyStephanie Hubbard is an award winning documentary film editor based in Los Angeles. Her work has been shown on PBS, History Channel, Discovery Channel and Court TV. She's had plays produced at Sacred Fool's theater, and won awards for her poetry and earlier memoirs, one of which, as a short film, won the audience award in it's category at the Los Angeles Film Festival and was screened at the Sundance Film Festival.
- Author(s)Stephanie Hubbard
- Date of Publication31/08/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight440 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byCarole Real
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $33.67Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.