Board Work: Governing Health Care Organizations by Dennis D. Pointer (Hardback, 1999)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $128.16+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $29.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $13.42Trending at AU $19.99
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.85
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $17.43
About this product
- DescriptionAmerican College of Healthcare Executives 2000 James A. Hamilton book of the year award Written by Dennis Pointer and James Orlikoff, two of the most experienced and highly regarded governance consultants in the country, Board Work presents a practical model focusing on those factors that most affect board performance. Rich with prescriptive information, practical ideas, assessment tools, and examples, Pointer and Orlikoff provide the expert coaching boards need to do their best work and add value to their organizations. Based on the authors' forty years of combined experience, this eye-opening book arms boards with tools and techniques to significantly enhance their performance and contributions. Pointer and Orlikoff forward concrete recommendations for implementing benchmark governance systems and practices, creating the essential guide for those who want to make a real difference on behalf of communities they serve. This is the best book on health care organization governance I have ever read. -Stephen Shortell, Blue Cross of California Distinguished Professor of Health Policy and Management, University of California, Berkeley
- Author BiographyDENNIS D. POINTER is principal of Dennis D. Pointer & Associates, which has provided governance consultation and development services to more than three hundred health care organizations, nonprofits, governmental agencies, and commercial corporations. He has written many books and articles, including Really Governing, winner of the American College of Healthcare Executives Book of the Year Award. Dr. Pointer holds the John J. Hanlon Chair of Health Care Research and Policy in the Graduate School of Public Health at San Diego State University. He is also the Austin Ross Professor, Department of Health Services, School of Public Health and Community Medicine, University of Washington (Seattle). JAMES E. ORLIKOFF is president of Orlikoff & Associates, Inc., a consulting firm specializing in health care governance and leadership. A nationally recognized authority on effective governance, he has written ten books and more than fifty articles, and has consulted with more than five hundred organizations to strengthen their governance effectiveness. He is the National Advisor on Governance and Leadership to the American Hospital Association and the Health Forum and is a founding member of the Governance Advisors of the Governance Institute where he is a member of the faculty.
- Author(s)Dennis D. Pointer
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication07/05/1999
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJossey-Bass Inc.,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight554 g
- Width160 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.