Boards That Excel: Candid Insights and Practical Advice for Directors by B. Joseph White (Hardback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $51.82Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by kamilc1
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $19.90+ AU $8.50 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by marlowes_books
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a different kind of corporate governance book. With its vivid stories and conversational tone, Boards That Excel is like sitting down with an astute and experienced friend one who's passionate about what corporate and nprofit boards can contribute to their organizations success when they set high aspirations, are clear on purpose, and do the right things in the right way. B. Joseph White, an experienced corporate and nprofit director and a distinguished academic, argues that boards can enable organizations to do great things, but only when directors go well beyond their duty to oversee and monitor management. White offers a road map for governance success based on his experience with two of America's most successful companies, one public and one private. He kws governance research and distills it to a handful of truly useful insights for boards and directors. He provides clear guidance on the essential work boards must do, and, drawing on behavioral research, he describes how they can ensure the boardroom is a place of good information, thoughtful evaluation, and wise decision making. The book reports on interviews with more than a dozen high-performance board chairs, CEOs, and directors, including Siebel Systems founder Tom Siebel, legendary real estate investor Sam Zell, former Harlem Globetrotters owner Mannie Jackson, GM board chairman and former Cummins chairman and CEO Tim Solso, and volunteer (University of Illiis, University of Michigan) and corporate (Hershey, Bob Evans) director Mary Kay Haben. All speak with unusual candor on what it takes for boards and directors to excel.
- Author BiographyB. Joseph White is the James F. Towey Professor of Business and Leadership, President Emeritus of the University of Illinois and Dean Emeritus of the University of Michigan. He teaches U.S. corporate governance to graduate business and law students. Joe has extensive experience on corporate and nonprofit boards. While serving as a trustee and chair of the corporate governance committee of Equity Residential, Inc., EQR has grown from an enterprise value of $800 million to over $30 billion, delivered annualized total shareholder return of nearly 13% and become an S&P 500 company. While director of Gordon Food Service, GFS has become one of America's 40 largest private companies. He helped create governance arrangements intended to enable GFS operate in perpetuity as an independent family business.
- Author(s)B. Joseph White
- Date of Publication01/09/2014
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationSan Francisco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1 g
- Width64 mm
- Height96 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $13.42Trending at AU $20.05
- AU $30.42Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.14
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.