CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.02
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
About this product
- AuthorSteve Henkel
- Number Of Pages160 pages
- Publication Date1991-04-01
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Professional Publishing
- Edition Number1
- Copyright Date1991
- Weight4.1 Oz
- Height0.4 In.
- Width7.2 In.
- Length9.1 In.
- GroupCollege Audience
- Dewey Decimal629.225
- Dewey Edition20
Table Of Content
- Table Of ContentAcknowledgments Preface Part 1: How to Choose the Right Trailer Chapter One: The Pluses and Minuses of Boat Trailering Chapter Two: Prices and Sources of Supply Chapter Three: Finding the Right Trailer Chapter Four: Picking Trailer Accessories Part 2: How to Pick the Right Tow Vehicle Chapter Five: What Makes a Good Tow Vehicle? Chapter Six: Two Dozen Good Choices for a Tow Vehicle Part 3: How to Set Up and Use Your Trailer and Tow Vehicle Chapter Seven: Setting Up a New Trailer and Tow Vehicle Chapter Eight: Checking Out the Rig Before You Tow Chapter Nine: Trailer Towing and Handling Part 4: How to Maintain and Repair Your Trailer Chapter Ten: Checking and Maintaining Tires and Wheels Chapter Eleven: Other Routine Maintenance Chapter Twelve: Common Repairs and Replacements Appendix One: Trailer Towing Regulations by State Appendix Two: Trailer Tow Ratings for 1991 Vehicles Appendix Three: Product Source List Index,Trailer boating has never looked better. With slip rental and boatyard storage fees skyrocketing, and with mooring space virtually nonexistent in many waterfront communities, more and more of us are turning to boats we can pull home behind our cars after each use. The range of a trailer boater is virtually unlimited. Depending on where you live, you could be enjoying freshwater cruising today and saltwater fishing tomorrow.But trailer boating involves its own unique body of skills and know-how, as many an experienced boater has discovered to his embarrassment. From the obvious (but not necessarily instinctive) necessity of putting the plug in the boat's transom before launching, to the subtler nuances of wheel-bearing maintenance and making a rig roadworthy, trailering offers us seemingly infinite opportunities for minor disasters, which often entail personal expense and public humiliation.Boat Trailers and Tow Vehicles is here to help. Among other things, it tells you how to: find the right style of trailer for your boat and ramp targets; pick the trailer accessories that will be most helpful in your circumstances; choose the best tow vehicle--and not void your car's warranty in the process; adjust your trailer to fit your boat; be sure the rig is legal for highway use; drive with a trailer behind you, with easy, effective maneuvering going forward or in reverse, on ramps or on the road; avoid sway and stability problems while towing; troubleshoot your trailer's electrical system, suspension, and wheels; extend its life with quick, effective maintenance procedures; and much more. This is the first guide for worryfree trailering, and your best insurance for pleasant experiences on the road, on the launch ramp, and in the water.There has never been a book that covers the whole territory of choosing, using, maintaining, repairing, and improving a boat trailer, and equipping and handling the right tow vehicle . . .Until now that is . . .Here is everything you need to know about the art of trailering, whether you tow a powerboat or a sailboat. Everything.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.