All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA true icon of American popular culture, songwriter and entertainer Bob Dylan was a catalyst for changing social currents in the 1960s. His songs of the 60s, such as Blowin' in the Wind, immediately conjure up an era even for those too young to have witnessed it. Although he often shuns the public eye and has dropped out of sight for long periods in his career, Dylan continues to write and perform and remains influential on the popular music scene. Unswerving in his antiwar stance, he shocked audiences of the February 1991 Grammy Awards ceremony, at which he was hored with a lifetime achievement award, by singing his Masters of War during Operation Desert Storm. Elusive to biographers, Dylan has inspired relatively few substantive accounts, although much has been written about his music. The present study presents an accurate summary of his life and an analysis of his pivotal role in popular music. His more than 400 songs and other writings, recordings, concert tours, and film and television appearances are all fully documented, as are bootleg recordings and recordings of his music by other singers. Presented in a lively manner with much anecdotal material, the facts and the myths about Dylan and the strengths and weaknesses of writings about him are carefully assessed in this one-volume source on the man and his work.
- Author BiographyWILLIAM MCKEEN is Associate Professor at the University of Florida College of Journalism and Communications. His publications include Hunter S. Thompson (1991), The Beatles: A Bio-Bibliography (Greenwood Press, 1989), and his Tom Wolfe is scheduled for publication in 1994.
- Author(s)William McKeen
- Date of Publication17/03/1993
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Series TitlePopular Culture Bio-Bibliographies
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteindex
- Weight550 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.34New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.