All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat Bobby doesn't kw about Southeast Asian food is t worth kwing - Anthony Bourdain Rewned for subtle yet bold, fresh and clean flavours, Vietnamese food is at the height of its popularity. One of the most enthusiastic and respected exponents of modern Vietnamese cuisine is Hai and London-based restaurateur Bobby Chinn. Bobby Chinn describes Vietnamese food as being as near to Nirvana as he can imagine - fresh clean flavours, light and healthy and incredibly diverse. Vietnamese Food explores the exciting array of native dishes, from snacks and street foods like the traditional rice odle wraps, to his own restaurant dishes such as tamarind glazed crab cakes with chive flowers, and green tea smoked duck breasts with sticky rice parcels and baby bok choi. The book includes over 100 recipes, in addition to a comprehensive section on Vietnamese ingredients and a guide to the building blocks of Bobby's recipes - such as sauces and stocks - as well as being interspersed with Bobby's foodie stories and kitchen tales such as his first experiences of running a kitchen and his off the wall tales of the more unusual dishes and ingredients. Bobby Chinn's Vietnamese Food is a true adventure story for the palate; from simple grilled chicken wings to Imperial spring rolls and his own fusion-style dishes, this is t just a recipe book but an authentic guide to Vietnamese food as it is eaten today.
- Author BiographyHalf Chinese, half Egyptian, brought up between England, Egypt and San Francisco, Bobby Chinn is one of the most exciting chefs in Asia. Taken under the wings of various cutting-edge San Francisco chefs - Hubert Keller, Gary Danko and Traci Des Jardins - Bobby learned his trade through osmosis and travel. He now owns his own restaurant in Hanoi and has launched The House of Ho in London's Soho. Bobby has recently filmed the 5th series of World Cafe Asia for Discovery and been awarded Best Entertainment Presenter at the Asian Television Awards. He has also appeared in the UK on BBC2's Saturday Kitchen and Channel 4's Sunday Brunch.
- Author(s)Bobby Chinn
- PublisherOctopus Publishing Group
- Date of Publication11/11/2013
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintConran Octopus Ltd
- Out-of-print date17/06/2015
- Content Note140 photographs
- Weight850 g
- Width195 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Foreword byAnthony Bourdain
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.