All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionBobby Darin made over 500 recordings during his short life. This book examines all of them. Session by session, song by song, Bobby Darin: A Listener's Guide takes the reader on a journey from Darin's first recordings for the Decca label in 1956 to his last released performances from 1973. At the same time as providing a new commentary on Bobby's vast and varied body of work, the book also examines how he, and his recordings and performances were discussed in newspapers, magazines and trade journals of the time, referencing over 200 articles and reviews. Also included is a discography, filmography, and the most complete list published to date of Darin's TV appearances.
- Author BiographyShane Brown has a PhD in Film, Television and Media, and is the author of Elvis Presley: A Listener's Guide and the young adult novel Breaking Point. 2016 will see the publication of his book on male sexuality in silent cinema. He has authored or co-authored articles about horror film stars Bela Lugosi and Boris Karloff (with Mark Jancovich); silent film star Jack Pickford; the first African-American film director, Oscar Micheaux; the teen sc-fi series Kyle XY; and portrayals of mental illness in American crime TV dramas. Shane lives in Norwich, UK. Follow him on twitter @shanebrown74.
- Author(s)Shane Brown
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication15/10/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight467 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.