All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHis mother's last word was his name. His father's was Wonderful. Together they inspired the title for this true story of love and redemption. Bob Morris was always the entertainer in his family, but t always a perfect son. When he finds his parents approaching the end of their lives, he begins to see his relationship to them in a whole new light and it changes his way of thinking. How does an adult child with flaws and limitations figure out how to do his best for his ailing parents while still carrying on and enjoying his own life? And when their final days on earth come, how can he give them the best possible end? In the tradition of bestselling memoirs by Christopher Buckley, Joan Didion, and with a dash of David Sedaris, BOBBY WONDERFUL recounts two poignant deaths and one family's struggle to find the silver lining in them. As accessible as he is insightful, Bob Morris infuses each moment of his profound emotional journey with dark comedy, spiritual inquiry and brutally honest self-examination. This is a little book. But it captures a big and universal experience.
- Author BiographyBob Morris is the author of Crispin the Terrible and Assisted Loving, which received honors from the American Library Association, Lambda Literary Awards and was a New York Times editor's choice. A frequent contributor to the Times, he has also been a commentator on NPR's All Things Considered and has written for the The Southampton Review, Elle, the New Yorker, Town and Country and other publications. His comic plays have been produced off Broadway and he collaborated with actress Diahann Carroll on her award-winning memoir, The Legs Are the Last to Go. He is a graduate of Brown University and has a masters in creative writing from Stony Brook Southampton. He lives with his husband, Ira and their dog Zoloft in Manhattan and Bellport, NY.
- Author(s)Bob Morris
- Date of Publication02/06/2015
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight272 g
- Width147 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.88Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.