All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionPamela Rhodes, one of the first British policewomen, tells her fascinating story in Bobby on the Beat. Back in 1950 Pam became one of the first policewomen in the country. But the force's new female recruits faced a sceptical public in rural Yorkshire and even before they stepped out on the beat there were the prejudices of older male officers to overcome. Yet from the first Pam was thrust into the front line. From runaway bulls to investigating ladies of the night and cases of vice, her incent eyes were quickly opened. And soon, spending her days on the streets, she came to kw the neighbourhood and the extraordinary characters who lived on the right, as well as wrong, side of the law. In the charming Bobby on the Beat, Pamela Rhodes's tales of life as a copper provide a fascinating glimpse of country life w long gone - when seeing a bobby on the beat meant all was well. Pamela Rhodes lives in Scarborough, where she was one of the first WPCs in Britain in the 1960s. Her unique story was picked up when she entered the life-story competition run by Penguin and Saga Magazine, in which she placed as a runner-up. This is her first memoir.
- Author BiographyPamela Rhodes was one of the two runners-up in the hugely popular Penguin and Saga magazine life-story competition, beating over 5000 other entrants to place in the top three. She continues to live in Scarborough where she was one of the first WPCs in the country, and this is her first book.
- Author(s)Pamela Rhodes
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication25/04/2013
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Books Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight237 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine21 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.