All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBodies of Subversion was the first history of women's tattoo art when it was first released in 1997, providing a fascinating excursion to a subculture that dates back to the 19th century and includes many never-before-seen photographs of tattooed women from the last century. This revised and expanded edition remains the only book to chronicle both the history of tattooos on women and female tatooists, containing all the information and images that made the original such a great success. Includes new chapters and 50 new photos.
- Author BiographyMargot Mifflin writes about women, art, and contemporary culture. She has written for The New York Times, ARTnews, Entertainment Weekly, The Believer, and Salon.com, and she lectures about body modification at colleges, museums, and universities nationally. Mifflin is an associate professor in the English Department of Lehman College of the City University of New York (CUNY), and directs the Arts and Culture program at CUNY's Graduate School of Journalism, where she also teaches. Her book, The Blue Tattoo: The Life of Olive Oatman was published by The University of Nebraska in 2009.
- Author(s)Margot Mifflin
- PublisherpowerHouse Books,U.S.
- Date of Publication15/01/2013
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintpowerHouse Books,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight699 g
- Width204 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edition Statement3rd
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.78
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
- AU $28.00Trending at AU $30.37
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.