All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.75Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first general mograph on ancient Greek dress in English to be published in more than a century. By applying modern dress theory to the ancient evidence, this book reconstructs the social meanings attached to the dressed body in ancient Greece. Whereas many scholars have focused on individual aspects of ancient Greek dress, from the perspectives of literary, visual, and archaeological sources, this volume synthesizes the diverse evidence and offers fresh insights into this essential aspect of ancient society. Intended to be accessible to nspecialists as well as classicists, students as well as academic professionals, this book will find a wide audience.
- Author BiographyMireille M. Lee is Professor of History of Art and Classical Studies at Vanderbilt University. She has published widely on various aspects of ancient Greek dress. She has held fellowships from the Center for Advanced Study in the Visual Arts, the American Council of Learned Societies, the Center for Hellenic Studies, the Packard Foundation for the Humanities, and the Whiting Foundation. Her research and teaching focus on gender issues in antiquity and the modern world. She is currently at work on her next book, on the relationship between ancient Greek mirrors and the goddess Aphrodite.
- Author(s)Mireille M. Lee
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication12/01/2015
- SubjectHistory: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note110 b/w illus. 2 tables
- Weight880 g
- Width177 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.