All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionIllness affects us all; we are called on to support and care for loved ones who face health challenges, and in turn, we encounter our own physical and emotional frailties when our health declines. Body & Soul features inspiring and award-winning fiction, essays, memoirs, poetry, photography, and visual art on the universal themes of wellness, treatment, and healing. Told from the points of view of patients, practitioners, caregivers, families, and friends, Body & Soul provides a powerful literary perspective on how we are challenged, bewildered, changed, and uplifted by our encounters with change, illness, and disease. Readers will appreciate the richness, depth, and diversity of these healing stories and will become motivated to generate and share their own transformative narratives. Together with the online discussion guide (providing questions relating to selected pieces in the anthology), Body & Soul is an ideal text for courses and support groups as well as individual reflection. Students and practitioners from all clinical disciplines and scholars in the humanities and social sciences will find this text invaluable.
- Author BiographyAaron Orkin is an associate editor at Ars Medica. Aliison Crawford is a founding editor of Ars Medica. Rex Kay is a founding editor of Ars Medica. Allan D. Peterkin is Professor of Psychiatry and Family Medicine at the University of Toronto where he heads the Program in Health, Arts and Humanities. He is the author of 14 books for adults and children including Staying Human During Residency Training (University of Toronto Press) now in its sixth edition Robin Rogers is a founding editor of Ars Medica. Ronald Ruskin is a founding editor of Ars Medica.
- PublisherUniversity of Toronto Press
- Date of Publication26/11/2011
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Toronto Press
- Content Note18 illustrations
- Weight480 g
- Width155 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byAllan D. Peterkin,Allison Crawford,Rex Kay,Robin Roger,Ronald Ruskin
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.